1. HHA’s facilities may only be used by and for external groups with the prior written approval from an authorised representative.
2. Organisations and individuals within HHA shall take precedence over non-HHA applicants in the use of facilities.
3. Any use of facilities at Havelock House must not interfere with any HHA activity, event or program.
4. Nothing in the venue Hire Agreement confers on the hirer any rights as a tenant and such is expressly negatived. The relationship between HHA and the Hirer is one of Licensor and Licensee.
5. All persons on HHA campus are required to abide by its By-Laws, Rules and other regulations. HHA on request will provide detailed informat ion on these.
6. HHA reserves the right to deny an application for hire, or may cancel a previously approved application without notice if extraord inary or unusual circumstances warrant such action. If the booking has been cancelled through no fault of the hirer, every attempt will be made to find an alternate facility. HHA also reserves the right to refuse the hire of facilities to any applicant without assigning any reason for such refusal.
7. In the case of major functions where the Governor-G eneral, Ministers of the Crown or similar dignitaries are to attend, HHA reserves the right for the Chairman of the Board of Directors, the CEO or other nominated staff to receive them.
8. No advertisement may be made in relation to the hiring of facilities at Havelock House without the approva l of HHA and the advertisement is not to imply that HHA is associated with the event other than providing the facility. Without express permission no advert iseme nt, poster, handbill or any other form of announcement or statement may be placed on, attached to or written on any structure or natural feature of Havelock House (such as doors, walls, windows, the surface of walkways, footpaths or roads, posts, or other fixtures or fittings). Any material intended for any of the notice boards in common areas should first be submitted to a member of HHA staff.
9. Confirmation of Booking: the hirer will receive a provisional offer from HHA in response to their booking enquiry together with a copy of these Terms and Conditions of Hire.The provisional offer and the Terms and Conditions of Hire must be signed and returned to HHA by the requested date. Bookings are not confirmed until HHA receives the provisional offer and Terms and Conditions of Hire signed by the hirer.
10. In signing and returning the Terms & Conditions Of Hire, the hirer acknowledges HHA1s policy on the expression of religious, political and other values,beliefs and ideas at HHA, and the requirements,including in particular the types of behaviors which may be in contravention to HHA’s policy and it’s guidelines, and the actions wh ich may be taken if HHA’s policies and guidelines are breached.
11. Full payment for the hiring of facilities (including technical or security charges) is due fourteen days prior to the first day of hire. If the booking has been made within fourteen days of the first day of hire, full payment must be made on the date of the booking.
12. If hire charges are not paid by the hirer when due, a booking may be cancelled with immediate effect. Subsequent payment by the hirer does not guarantee the reinstatement of cancelled bookings.
13. Cancellations must be made in wr iting and acknowledged and accepted by HHA. Cancellation fees may be charged for bookings cancelled without proper notice. Unless otherw ise specified in writing, the following schedule of cancellation fees will apply;
Fees for cancellation within 24 hours of the first date of hire will be equal to 50% of all catering, setup, staffing and service fees plus 25% of facility hire costs plus GST.
Fees for cancellation within 48 hours of the first day of hire will forgo their initial room and equipment hire deposit.
14. Permission to supply alcohol at any function within Havelock House must be obtained in advance. Such requests will normally be approved in those areas generally used for soc ial gatherings. Permission will not be granted to supply alcohol except under spec ial and extraordinary circumstances. The sale of alcohol on HHA premises, except for licensed areas,is illegal.
15. Facilities generally contain only basic furniture. HHA may charge the hirer a fee in addition to the hiring fee either before or after the hire period for services, furnishings and/or equipment considered to be in excess of those normally associated with the facility . HHA reserves the right to charge the hirer a fee if furniture within the facility is changed or re-arranged during the hire period and not returned to its original state at the end of the hire period.
16. Parking onsite is only made available to members of HHA staff, (and subject to availability after business hours). As such, parking is not available at HHA and the hiring of a facility does not entitle the hirer to adjacent parking. Parking is limited to street metered parking
17. Smoking is prohibited in all HHA buildings.
18. Animals including fish, reptiles, cats, dogs & birds are not allowed within Havelock House without prior written approval,which must be applied for at least one week prior to the hire period.
19. The hirer must not allow any third party to use the facility without obtaining prior written permission from HHA. Unless the hirer agrees to share the use of the facility, HHA must only hire the facility to one hirer at a time.
20. No temporary structures such as tents may be erected or assemb led at Havelock House. No electrical, mechanical or other equipment may be brought into Havelock House without prior written approval.
21. The driving of tacks, nails or screws etc. into the woodwo rk or wal ls or any part of the facility, or any furniture or fixtures within the facility is strictly forbidden. Anything other than plants or floral decorations must not be brought into Havelock House. either inside or outside any premises without express approval of HHA. Hirers may not again,without express permission of HHA, remove any plants, furnitur e or equipment of HHA from the facility or the immediate surrounds of that facility.
22. . Hirers must ensure that the fac ility and its surrounds are left in a clean and tidy condition. The hirer must pay for any damage sustained to any HHA property whether through their own actions or through the action of their employees, contractors, sub-contractors or, guests attending any function booked by the hirer and the cost of cleaning the facility and its surrounds if they are not left reasonab ly clean and tidy.
23 . Sound equipment must not be used in Havelock House without the hirer having obtained prior written approval. Hirers applying to use such amplification equipment must describe it to HHA in detail. If HHA permits the use of such equipment, the hirer must comply with all conditions imposed by HHA in relation to the use of that equipment including, but not limited to ensuring that utility connections and facilities for mounting loudspeake rs are installed in such a way as to control sound direction, establishing a fixed speaker’s or performer’s location, facilitating easy set-up of the sound system, controlling the decibel level of the sound.
24 . For a function that involves an admission charge, HHA reserves the right to charge a percentage of the gross return in place of the usual rental rate for the facility.
25. The hirer is exclusively responsible for all liability (including damages, costs, actions, claims and demands) to any person or property caused or contributed to by the hirer (including its employees, members, off icers, agents and invitees) in using, entering, leaving or being near Havelock House during or about the period of hire. The hirer must pay any such liability and indemnifies HHA in respect of any such liability. The hirer releases HHA in respect of any claim that the hirer (including its employees, members, officers, agents and inv itees) may otherwise have against HHA in respect of any such liability.
26. Immediately following the end of the period of hire the hirer must vacate the facility. Failure to vacate the facility may result in extra charges being applied by HHA. The hirer must also remove from the venue all goods; property or material brought in by or on behalf of the hirer.